April 4, 2023 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm TC's Jams at the BLUEStage
“Electric Blues/Rock Jam Sessions” at the BLUEStage are a labor of love and a networking center for musicians. Please patronize our bar & kitchen to help keep it alive. Gas, electricity, taxes & insurance bills go on……………………….
Spectators, dancers and non-players pay a $5 cover for 3+ hours of live, spontaneous music.
- Players, w/instruments, who sign in to play are admitted free and you will be called up in approximately sign in order.
- Everyone who signs in plays/sings. Whole bands are welcome but please call ahead (517-536-8635) to firm up a 15 min time slot.
- If you sing, BRING YOUR VOCAL MIC!!! Shure SM58’s are preferred. We no longer supply vocal mics. We do supply all instrument/amp mics and their placement.
- Host band plays at 7:15-8 then jammers are called up. Host band closes with a 3-4 song set at 10:30ish.
- Guitar & bass players need instrument, cord, pedal board, cables & tuner. Decase your instrument, tune it up, then hang it on stage in the guitar hangers, to be ready when called to stage. If you start tuning when called we move to the next player on the list and you go to the end of the list.
- Harmonica players should bring your harps, harp mic & cord.
- Horn players, just your horn (& wireless mic rig if you have one).
- Keyboard players – bring your board, stand, stool, cords & pedals. An adjustable, 2 tier, Apex stand w/built in mic boom is on hand. The house keys rig is not available for use.
- Amps: don’t bring it; Fender tube amps are provided as well as host bands tube amps. Musical continuity, not tone, is the priority at a jam.
- Drummers: bring your bag of sticks, brushes, mallets etc.
- This is NOT a jam for acoustic instruments or singer/songwriter showcases. Contact the club 517-536-8635 concerning upcoming Acoustic Jam Sessions and Showcases.